- This event has passed.
Addressing Anti-Blackness: How to Sustain a Culture of Inclusion, Equity, and Anti-Racism at UC San Diego
December 1, 2020 @ 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
One event on December 8, 2020 at 2:30 pm
One event on December 1, 2020 at 2:30 pm
Please join the UC San Diego Staff Association and Black Staff Association as we welcome Shola Richards to facilitate the discussion Addressing Anti-Blackness: How to Sustain a Culture of Inclusion, Equity, and Anti-Racism at UC San Diego. The highly engaging Addressing Anti-Blackness webinar will provide the audience with the information, strategies, and critical actions necessary to engage in this work and sustain it.
This webinar is ideal for individual contributors, leaders, and teams who are:
- Looking for the strategies and actions necessary to create and sustain an anti-racist culture at UC San Diego.
- Concerned about the current civil unrest and its impact on your BIPoC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) colleagues’ mental health and well-being.
- Ready to effectively engage in difficult conversations with colleagues and others about race, inequity, and anti-blackness.
The audience will leave with:
- The discovery of the history of systemic racism and its impact on the modern-day workplace.
- Strategies to recognize bias, prejudice, and microaggressions in the workplace and how to address it immediately.
- The education, inspiration, and the key actions necessary to stay committed to the ongoing work of anti-racism.
For ALL STAFF
- Tuesday, December 8, 2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. Register here.
For HEALTH SCIENCES
- Tuesday, November 17, 2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. Register here.
For BLACK STAFF
- Tuesday, December 1, 2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. Register here.
* All sessions will be recorded and live captioned.
For a printable flyer, click here.
Contact Bryce Besser with questions, email@example.com