Concurrent Enrollment Policy
Concurrent Enrollment through UC San Diego Extension provides the opportunity for those who are not registered UC San Diego students to enroll in DSC courses. You must register with UC San Diego Extension to participate in Concurrent Enrollment.
Concurrent Enrollment is not guaranteed. Concurrent Enrollment Students are allowed to add DSC Courses after all registered UC San Diego students have been accommodated. Although we do our best to accommodate Concurrent Enrollment Students, DSC Courses are in high demand.It is possible a that Concurrent Enrollment Student will not be approved to enroll in any DSC Courses.
Concurrent Enrollment approvals are contingent upon class attendance. Concurrent Enrollment Students will not be approved to enroll in DSC Courses they are not attending.
Concurrent Enrollment approvals will be based on: space availability, waitlist order (e.g., when students turned in the Concurrent Enrollment Add Form), and a review of Concurrent Enrollment Student requests, in order to try to place each student into at least one course.
A maximum of 4 courses per Concurrent Enrollment Student will be approved. If students are offered a spot in a fifth class, they will have to drop one of the other courses they were approved to add. However, due to high demand for DSC Courses, students should not expect to be offered more than 1-2 course approvals.
Concurrent Enrollment students interested in pursuing a DSC course must complete the following steps:
- Register with UC San Diego Extension.
- Attend the class for the entirety of Week One to ensure you are not behind if you attain a seat in the course.
- After attending the first class, discuss your readiness for the course with the instructor. If the instructor feels you are adequately prepared for the course, ask the instructor to sign your Add Form. Please be advised, instructor permission does not guarantee enrollment.
- Bring your signed Add Form to DSC Student Affairs during advising hours (either schedule an appointment or utilize walk-in advising hours). Your form will only be signed if space permits. Forms must be submitted by Friday of Week Two.
- Submit your Add Form to UC San Diego Extension